Sunday 5 January 2014

First Sunday of the Year

Returned to work on Thursday afternoon. I spent the morning before painting, the only thing that could take my mind off the feeling of impending doom that was gathering about me. It didn't quite work, but at least I got some painting done, at the moment a dark landscape under a stormy sky. Work itself wasn't too bad, though seemed to take an age to pass by. It's always the waiting that is worse. I suppose I'm just a bit sick of working in call centres now, though this job is a lot less stressful than my last. Only a month left now (less!) till I found out whether or not I pass probation. Judging by how badly I did yesterday at work, this looks increasingly unlikely. A long stretched out day that too forever to end.
Claire's birthday last night - traditionally the end of the Christmas period. Dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant, and then to the Craft pub. Don't want to think how much I spent.
Slightly hungover today.
Em has now left Brighton. I saw her off this morning (her parents came down for the rest of her stuff). She'll be back on Wednesday night, and then off to Greece on Thursday morning. Brighton will be strange without her.
January is often a bleak month.
Ah well, The Geekest Link pub quiz tonight, then tomorrow off, and back to work on Tuesday.