Monday 22 September 2014

This Blog is Deep with the Luxuries of Autumnal Suburbia

Sat on my bed. Still not dressed yet. Sore throat and temperature - both mild, but I feel ill enough to take the day off work.
Can hear an aeroplane, the sound of voices in the passage outside the flat. Everything very quiet. Twilight-dark of my room, curtains still unopened. Everything is very quiet here. A hush. An autumnal hush, and, finally, the humid heat of the elongated summer seems to be broken.

Hope work goes okay. We've been taken over by another company - this happened back in August. our pay rates are staying the same, though we will be working longer shifts, and it seems that everything will be stricter, more micro-managed. I don't do startlingly well (neither do I do startlingly badly) but I hope I will not be managed out. This is the happiest I have been at work since the halcyon age of Telegen, when I was first on the inbound campaign (January - June 2008). A couple of artists at work too. Hoping to do an exhibition with them sometime next year. Should be interesting.

Drifty-dreamy day. Suddenly feel like I might be being watched. Start thinking about windy roads, lost in afternoons and December table-lamps, switched on in the 3:00pm twilight.
Remember that? 3:00pm is the eeriest part of a winters day...? Wrote that in one of my first entries here. Can't believe this blog is almost five years old.
Seems a lifetime ago and only yesterday.

Right, going to call the absence line at work now.