Monday 28 December 2009

More Dream Fragments

1. A city street. Walking along the pavement. three figures stood by an old building. Think one of them is an old school friend. He is dressed in a priests raiments, (he is a priest in waking life) and this convinces me this is my old school friend. I shout his name and he looks up. It is an old man with pale skin, and staring eyes. it is not my friend.

2. I must go on a journey by train. I am unsure of what route I need to take. At a train station. White january light. Hollow air. The details of my journey are flashed up on a board. I must write down these details in my notebook. The details change too quickly for me to be able to. I must wait until the details come up again. They are too quick again. How on earth will I be able to find out the details of my journey?

3. I am back in my old room at 136 London Road, Worcester. The wall separating my room and the adjoining room has been knocked through, creating one single large room. I marvel at the difference, try to imagine what it was like living here. Noting the similarities, the differences. I point out to someone that the fireplace was there when I lived here. The fireplace is set into a strange, sloping wall, that runs at a 45' angle from ceiling to floor. The wall is lumpy, and has the texture of candlewax left to dry.