Sunday 24 January 2010

Dream Fragments from after 4:00am

As the title indicates, it had gone 4:00am by the time I managed to get to sleep. These are the fragments of dreams I can remember.

Sharing a flat with a friend I do not know particularly well. Possibly at my old flat in the Drive. A hand at the window (the flat is on the 2nd floor). I go to the window, and am surprised, yet oddly relieved to discover that the comedian Paul Whitehouse is trapped in the glass. Vomit on my bedsheets. I do not remember being sick. I am faintly disgusted by this worried I will get into trouble. At a fairground. Houses, looking rather Elizabethan. It is night. Lots of people are riding a rollercoaster through the darkness. Catching a train across the fairground to a remote station. I do this a number of times. I pass by the people on the rollercoaster. They deride me for travelling alone. On the platform at the remote station. There is some kind of fairground ride attached to the platform, a complicated piece of apparatus that resembles a ropeswing made out of plastic bags. I swing over the tracks. I catch the train back into the main fairground, then back again. I wonder why I am doing this. I attract more ridicule from the people on the rollercoaster. As I return to the station for the last time, I realise that I am afraid of the station. I do not know why I keep coming here on my own, in the darkness. There is a man at the station, a train station guard who also appears to be dressed as a clown. I swing out over the tracks. At the furthest point, the plastic bags begin to stretch and rip. I am going to be flung down on the tracks.

That is it. All I can remember.