Thursday 28 January 2010

A Dream of the Language of Cats

A room. Two women in the room. Despite the fact that they were human, I was aware that this was only my perception, and they were actually cats. They talked about another cat they knew called Pearl, who had died from old age. One of the cats said that 'dinner times were always fun with Pearl'. I said that I had always had a soft spot for Pearl, and that she used to curl up on my lap. The two cats continued to reminisce about Pearl. It struck me that these two cats had an awareness of the past, of personal histories, which led me to conclude that cats must possess some form of self consciousness. I asked the cats how they communicated with one another. They told me that the feline communication system was a psychic language system that only operated in the present moment, and had no reference to either past or future. This psychic language system was called 'Eedoc' and was not really explainable to anyone who wasn't a cat. I myself was quite impressed that we were having this talk. The first inter-species communication!
I then woke up and had to go to work.