Saturday 18 December 2010

Industrial Freezing Slush

The first day of the Christmas holidays for me - not back at work until the 29th December. Am sat in my bedsit, listening to the man next door move about (he seems to be making a cup of tea) andd trying tow ork out where the man in the other room next door comes from. I thought at first he sounded middle eastern, but now think he may well sound more eastern European.
A very gloomy day today. The street lamp across the road is still on. The sky is a blank slate of grey. It snowed last night -a little anyway- though it is now raining. It hasn't quite washed the snow away though, but seems to have formed some kind of industrial slush, which will no doubt freeze and make the pavements impossible to walk on.
There was snow exactly a year ago too. I was on the first day of my Christmas holiday then too. I met up with Joe and Andy at the Meeting House Cafe before wending our way to Preston Park. I bought '2166' by Robert Bolano at the charity shop at the end of London Road. We ended up in the Prestonville where I drank tea instead of pints. I can't remember why now.
I hear the rain dripping against the window.
It seems so cold out there.