Sunday 3 November 2013

Saturday Night / Sunday Morning

'Industrial Romance, Doomed Lovers'
pen and ink on 7.5" x 10" paper
October - November 2013
There's more art to be found at my facebook page which is here.
A quiet Saturday night in did mean that I finished the picture I've been working on over the past week. I watched the Space 1999 episode 'War Games' whilst doing so, but ended up paying no attention to it; lots of explosions and vaguely cerebral, heavily psycho-drama atmosphere. It's surprisingly dark... but as I can't seem to watch any DVDs these days, after the episode had finished I turned it off and worked in silence instead. This unsettled my flatmate who popped his head around the door 'you're working in silence, not any music?'. We discussed downloading music from Amazon... which got me to downloaded a long 53 minute drone / ambient piece by an artist whose name sounds either Finnish or Russian. I put it on as I went to sleep; lots of dark, bubbling waters, like something lost in winter, deep underground. Woke up at about 1:00am, fully clothed on my mattress. Eventually sliding under the covers was heaven.
Awful dreams last night. I can't remember any of them, but all I know is that in the dreams I was deeply depressed, full of an unassailable despair and crisis. The emotion of these dreams followed me into waking. Lying there in the bright light of a November morning, sick with desolation. The feeling soon faded however, and by 9:30am (only an hour ago now) I got up, had a cup of tea and came on here, whilst listening to the album 'The Actual' by atmospheric prog-metal band Reading Zero.
Time for another cup of tea, and perhaps a few more chapters of Donna Tartt's excellent third novel 'The Goldfinch'.