Thursday 12 August 2010

From the Nowhere Void of Lunchtime

The nowhere void of lunchtime. Another quiet day and the seagulls still silenced. A night of dreams that disturbed me from sleep; someone in my room, dogs sleeping in plastic bags. A grey drifting day outside. Leaving in an hour for the job centre. Hopefully the last time I sign on before starting my new job a week on Monday. Still haven't heard anything yet though. Maybe I should ring them?
Despite the autumnal lght it is unbearably hot in my bedsit. Everthing seems summer-infected. I am looking forward to the coolness of the churchyard after the job centre, and a long drift through evening time.
A friend request on faceook from an old school friend. Haven't seen or heard from him for twenty years or so. He now works as a wildlife photographer in New Zealand.
The dogdays of summer. This season ending, but it seems to last forever. I shall be glad when this time-suspended moment passes, when the clocks start ticking again.