Monday 31 October 2011

Monday after the Clocks go Back

First Monday since the clocks went back yesterday. Always strange, that first evening in that elongated day, when darkness comes an hour early. it feels like something has gone very wrong with time, and yet, simultaneously, it feels like a strange relief too.
Sitting in the floor of my room, 7:45am, a cup of tea on one side of me, a hairbrush on the other. Despite the fact that it should feel later than it does, it feels like this is, maybe 5 or 6:00am. I don't feel as tired as I normally do, but any extra energy caused by an 'extra' hour in bed soon wears off.
So silent this early in the morning. My typing sounds like rushed footsteps, and aside from the humming of the laptop (like a distant sea) - and, yes - the sounds of one of the workshops opening downstairs, it's silent. Hold on - now there's some kind of vehicle passing by
So, not really silent at all then.