Thursday 4 October 2012

Unfinished Picture


The picture is still unfinished (the photograph above showing it when it was about a week old).
I started it way back in early July, a Friday night if I recall right, sat in front of the television watching the film Metroland. As the picture is so large, I knew it would take me some to finish it. I had some wild hope it would be finished by the end of summer, then by the time I went to Scotland. Now we're in the first week of October and there is still some work to do on it. I had hoped the picture would pick up all the unconscious traces of my 41st summer... but it may well be picking up traces of my 41st autumn as well. I am waiting for dinner to cook, and after dinner I must do at least an hour on it, I will finish it... at some point.
It's just that, tonight anyway, I would much rather daydream at the television.