Monday 13 May 2013

Another Message from Work


A strange day yesterday. I didn’t see anybody until the pub quiz last night. Andy was at work, and it was too cold and wet to venture far outside. I couldn’t relax into any activity – though did do an hour of drawing as the afternoon slipped to evening. I felt oddly restless, and when I had an afternoon snooze, it was with an odd aura of mild dread.
I was glad to get to the pub quiz. As we walked from the car (Mark picked me up) the twilight gloom seemed to deepen. Cold and wet. Some ghost of autumn.
My team came second, but it was a special Star Wars night. I was no help at all, and answered no questions. I drank three pints of Bedlam ale and promised myself that I should really get round to watch the Star Wars films again. At least the first three anyway.
A few minutes till I finish work. It looks quite sunny out there, but there’s an ambiguous quality to the light.
Now I have finished.
Time to get changed and go home.