Tuesday 28 May 2013

Dream of Hyper-Worcester

I dreamt of hyper-Worcester last night, that dream-city that looks so unlike it's waling counterpart, but is still somehow Worcester, very different and yet the same place that I went to university in.
Raining. I had gotten off at some train station near the town centre, possibly at the base of London Road hill. One of a group of threatening teenagers asked if I had any 'transformers' to give him, referring to the shape changing robot toys that were popular when I was a kid. He asked in an intimidating fashion. I said that I hadn't and walked on. It was about here that I ran into Joe Bird - perhaps my trip to Worcester was to meet him. It felt like late evening - possibly in autumn - in the dream. There looked like many people going home from work.
A shop. Through the window there is a display showing grandfather clocks. The interior of the shop cannot be seen. Behind the shop is a dark cluster of twilight trees. We enter the shop at some basement level and take a set of stairs to the shop level. The shop does not sell grandfather clocks, but masks that are used in occult ceremonies. The proprietor, a middle aged hippy, is closing up for the day. He does seem annoyed we are there (though Joe Bird has vanished by now). I talk to him for a while, and he gestures towards the range of 'teas' he also sells behind the counter. |These unnerve me for they are hallucinogenic teas also used in occult ceremonies.