Friday 19 August 2011

Dusk for the Bedsit

The last six weeks or so of living here hopefully. At the end of September, shall hopefully be picking up the keys for a new place off Church Road with Andy. Our landlady being none other than Marilyn who was, of course, my landlady back during the Wilbury Crescent days. I happened to call her the other day, just on the off chance that she might have a place. I hadn't talked to her for years. As it turns out she did, so three days after beginning to look for a place, it seems we have found one.
The next six weeks will be strange, rather like those six weeks before moving into Wilbury Crescent back in 2007; the slow build up, like the approach to Christmas when you were a kid, 'sorting stuff out', plans for the new place, day dreams of what it will be like living there, fear that something, somehow, might go wrong...
We shall be in there at the end of September. I am glad of this. It gives a good chunk of the autumn there before winter sets in fully. It is the end of summer now though, a time of great anticipation for me -autumn is my favourite season, so this time of year is not laden with the melancholy people often associate with the death of summer.
The nights are drawing in now. Twilight falls shortly after 8pm, and this dusk has begun -I hope- to gather for the bedsit.