Tuesday 16 August 2011

Numbers from the Flat Hunting Season

Well, aim to move out at the end of September / beginning of October. In between washing my clothes at the launderette I managed to;
1) Visit the estate agent across the road. Deposit too expensive.
2) Visit Coastal Management estate agent. Everything available immediately.
3) Rang number Emily gave me for a garden flat in Preston Park. Voice mail. Left a message.
4) Rang Marilyn, the landlady from Wilbury Crescent, who said she would phone me if any two bedroom places became available.
Worried about;
1) Coastal Management want photographic ID, which I do not have - my passport ran out in August. How much does a new passport cost?
2) They also asked for a utility bill. The only utility bill I get is for the electricity - I suppose I can ask Mr Ahmed for a copy of such.
Oddly enough, as I just returned from the shopping I ran into Mr Ahmed. He said he was sorry to see me go, particularly as we were just getting central heating fitted.
He has now fixed the toilet seat.
Despite the bedsit not being the best of places to live -to put it mildly- he is a good landlord.