Monday 18 February 2013

Rallying Through Coastal Cliffs

I spent the last half hour of sleep half-dreaming about the phrase rallying through coastal cliffs. I wasn't quite dreaming but wasn't quite awake either. The burden of the alarm hung over any dives back into deep sleep.
The phrase seemed quite important to me, though am not sure why. It was accompanied by a kind of image of a green grassed slope above a cliff below blue skies dotted with fluffy clouds. The track looped about this slope that was dotted with large rocks. There was a steam train that was travelling along this labyrinthine loop of track. The image, despite its bucolic qualities, had an air of drama about it - though that sense of drama was benign, and there was no danger to the train. The phrase rallying through coastal cliffs kept running through my mind.
It wasn't my phrase, but one that a friend at work used in an e-mail to me a month ago or longer. I wanted to do a drawing based on the phrase, but as usual, never got around to it. I have no idea why it turned up in my head just before the alarm went off.
Maybe I should get on with the drawing of it.