Thursday 2 September 2010

The Laptop Breaks Down Again

Well, it seems that he last few days of the computer keyboard working have passed by, and I am back to having to write a post, then going back over it to putting back in all the characters that were missed. That first, rather long sentence contains eleven omissions. Oh well, knew it was too good to last.
Why do some things spontaneously fix themselves then break again? It seems that the keyboard particularly dislikes the space bar, (or the 'eyboard' as it appears). I haven't moved it since last night, have done nothing different and now back to its old incompeent ways.
Which rather puts me off writing, it must be said.
There is a part of me that is convinced that if I just carry on writing, then somehow, it will fix itself again.
Hmm.
It doesn't seem to be working.
Maybe if I type really slowly..?
Nope. No luck here either.
Maybe hitting it?
Lets have a look. Well those four words passed by without a hitch, and only one -no two- mistakes in the latter half of the sentence. Three now.
I'll try tapping it gently again.
Three taps.
Well, its evening now... No. No luck here...
Shaking it..?
Lets have a look. Hmm. No...
I really am cursed with laptops it seems... They only last for months before some disaster seems to visit them.
This really is most annoying.
Maybe if I go for a walk and come back..?