Sunday 26 September 2010

The Pyrrhic Victory that Technology May Engender

Unless  I wish to write haikus for the duraton of these Tales from Bridge 39, I fear I may well have to oversee these posts from internet cafes in the future. Three minutes, and then 'internet explorer is not responding' Then the screen blanks out, a filmy white mist, shuts down, and then restarts.
I get the chance to write three lines and thats it.
Apart from this; late September, blue skies, cold air and warm sun. A pleasing mixture. At night, the pools of street light deepen the shadows between the lamps. Last night, a waning moon as I walked up the slope ofa road near St Anns Well Park.
Just restarted again.
I'm going to stop writng now.
Pen and paper had some advantages after all it seems... Except of course no-one could read it. Technology is sometimes a good definiton of a pyrrhic (spelling?) victory...