Wednesday 29 September 2010

Postcard from the Battery Farm Internet Cafe

In the battery farm internet cafe again. Chairs too low and the desks too high. Hunched over the keyboard like an old crow-like man. No privacy and a choking claustrophobia. Still too hot.
I really must find another lunchtime internet cafe.

Lots of odd dreams last, most of which I can't remember. One which I do recall was about a reality TV show where a group of oriental women were being trained as ghost hunters. They were marked according to how well they were able to investigate hauntings. One haunting they were investigating was in a building where the Tescos near Hove station is in waking life.

Waking from this dream by the 7:00am alarm. Night creeping into the day. When I woke, my room was still a twilight grey. Sat there with a cup of tea for an hour in the increasingly cool morning-shock light before I start work. When I left the house of bedsits, the sky was that uniform shade of grey common to early autumn.
A light rain and a daydreamy pull luring me to unseen horizons.

The new town out of the window has gone. I cannot get it back. There is a building I have not noticed before though, out on a hill. Or perhaps it is just a larger building than the others surrounding it. It resembles a prison-school, grey as the sky. The windows seem to be hidden. I can't quite work out where it is. New England House? Maybe.
It seems that windowpanes have a habit of confusing geography.

A short post for today because this internet cafe is the most ridiculous and uncomfortable in existence. My arm hurts from typing at a level near my chest.
Oh well.

Back into the grey day for me, and an afternoon that already seems to belong to evening.