Sunday 31 October 2010

Samhain Night Melancholy

Things are shifted and strange now.
My room is odd. Because the ceiling is being painted tomorrow, I have had to move my furniture around to allow access. The bedsit has that strangely melancholy feeling of leaving. Also, the clocks were turned back by an hour today, so though it it a quarter to nine, it actually feels a quarter to ten. I also now have a bed. The bed is much more comfortable than the futon and I am pleased by it, but my bedsit feels new and unfamiliar.
It is also Hallowe'en night as well. A year ago today was the last night I spent living at the nightmare flat. I remember being woken from a dream I was having by the doorbell ringing. The dream was about something called a 'Mexican Moon'. This was some kind of lunar phenomena, involving the moon splitting into ghost-moons that circled the true moon, before rejoining again. I woke from this dream to the doorbell, and the events that would lead me to handing my notice in and moving in here at the end of last November. This sounds all like it was a dramatic night. It certainly was traumatic, but more in a dismal and depressing way than anything. I am glad I am out of there.
A Samhain night melancholy.
I don't know why.