Monday 22 November 2010

The Morning after a Nightmare

The view from my window, about ten minutes ago, just after 8:00am.

Woke from a nightmare last night at about 1:30am. The nightmare so affected me that I lay there in the dark convinced that something supernatural was going to occur. Perhaps the curtain over my kitchen area would suddenly spring up of its own accord. Maybe I would glimpse a shadowy figure sitting on the darkened sofa. What would happen if someone knocked on my door, standing out there under the creepy green light of the landing..?

I was in a room (possibly at my Nan's old house in Wolverhampton) with Em, the Doctor (as played by Matt Smith) and two other people, I am not sure who. I think one of them was a woman. The Doctor was comforting Em. She was rather frightened as we had accompanied the Doctor on a few adventures and had already had a few terrifying encounters with alien races. Probably. She was asking the Doctor how he coped with being in such close proximity to death. I came into the room as he was telling her something about the Daleks. I interjected at this point and asked him what was the most frightening thing he had ever faced. I immediately knew this was the wrong time to aske this as he was comforting Em.
Later. Mysterious messages began appearing on windows and mirrors. One appeared to be part of the contract. Written in condensation, and signed by myself, and also Richard Motley, who I used to work with at Telegen. I observed that they looked like contracts with the devil. I warned everyone else about them but they had vanished. The Doctor pulled back the curtain drawn against one of the living room patio-style windows. There was a large message here. As this message here mentioned David Tennant, this would seem directly aimed at him. I was glad that other people had seen it. I postulated the theory that the writer of these messages might be p---, an old friend of ours. A sudden glimpse of a terrifying face in the darkness outside. Pale skin, staring eyes, glimpsed through the letters of the message. No-one else can see him.
The atmosphere in the room by now is one of utter dread. I miserably wonder how any of us are going to sleep this night.
Someone comes up with the idea of turning the light off, God knows why. We do so and the room is plunged into utter darkness. A sudden realisation that something outside the house is trying to get in. We must turn the light back on. We cannopt find the light switch or it does not work. Rising panic and anger at the Doctor who is unable to get the light switch working.
Something is in the house with us.
I wake up.

Nothing particularly terrifying about the dream, but there was just something so weird about it all...

There were other dreams last night, but none as terrifying as that, nor as dismally appealing as the winter dawn creeping over Brighton I saw as I pulled back the curtains to the outside world (see above).
I was a little nervous in case there were words written on the windowpane...