Monday 28 November 2011

Before London

First proper day off at work. Freezing cold winter air a strange relief. Cup of tea and a day trip to London coming up. Seems a long way into town from here though - even longer into London, but I am looking forward to that first overpriced coffee on the train. Watching the Sussex landscape pass by, turn itself slowly into London.
Dreamt last night that I was in a graveyard on a bleak grey day, like those kinds of days you get in late spring. The graves were scattered amongst reedy marshy grass, and I thought to myself that 'the dead were troubled here'. I was immediately interrupted by a woman to my right, an older woman, late / middle aged. She said that she was looking for 'Stuart or an Arthur Jermyn' (Hmm. Not sure I've remembered that last night properly. Think I might have got that either from an Edgar Allan Poe of an H.P.Lovecraft story.) I said that I was Stuart but did not know any Arthur. I knew that she was either a psychic or a medium who was able to contact the dead. She did not elucidate on her message and her eyes seemed to have a wild and slightly vacant quality to them.
When I first woke the dream did not seem too sinister, but reading it now though...
Sound of the workmen in the workshops downstairs. So rare is it I am in here during a weekday the sound is still novel and startling to me.
I must finish my cup of tea.
Expensive overpriced horror comics wait for me in London.