Wednesday 30 November 2011

Last Day in Autumn

Sat in the living room watching TV, Jeremy Kyle, who still brings back memories of the unemployment summer of 2010. Last day of autumn today, at least in my own personal calendar. The idea of December being autumn is entirely ridiculous. The thought that it actually is December tomorrow is a little frightening though. That old time-thing again. It is a universally acknowledged truth that time appears to go by faster and faster as you get older, but why does it always seem so surprising and also so terrible? December. Christmas. The end of the year. Of another year. I suppose next year has an extra element of mortality-fear to it as I turn 40, which seems as entirely ridiculous as it being December tomorrow. I'm sure I should only be about 32 and it should only by September. Underneath all that fear about turning 40 and time turning is that cold stretch of terror of being, say, 75 and thinking that when I turned 40 only feels like a couple of years ago.
Time is too precious to waste.
Jeremy Kyle just finishing on the TV.
Wonder what's on next?