Friday 28 December 2012

Australian Dream

In Australia. I have been lying on a patch of sloped grass somewhere in a park. I have lefy and now want to go back. Where was I? I walk across a field. At the edge of the field there is a bench that is used by street drinkers. They are all alike and dressed identically. Physically they appear to resemble human versions of humpty dumpty, and wear baseball caps. Some are on the bench, others are sprawled on the ground. They are motionless, frozen in a variety of unlikely drunk-addled positions. 
I find the patch of grassed slope and attempt to ascend. I want ti get to the exact spot I was lying before. This is ridiculous - the slope is near vertical! I see other people lying about on the slope though. I move further slong the slope and try to find a less vertiginous ascent. The shallower section of the slopes are full of too many people, all sunbathing. I eventually find a shallower way, but the way is barred by thorny bushes. I move further along, find a gap in the hedge, but then realise that, because of the intricacies of a shallow drop, I would still have to negotiate this barrier. There is no way back-
...and the alarm goes off and I wake up.