Thursday 27 December 2012

Back to Work

8:35am.
25 minutes, and I return to work. Christmas is over and we're well into those dead days between Christmas Day and New Year. I think it rained last night, though I haven't yet looked out of the window. I can't remember dreaming last night either, which is surprising. I seem to have remembered lots of dreams recent;ly.
Silent flat.
Andy stayed around Al and Claire's last night. I joined them at the Neptune for a few pints as we did on Boxing Day last year. A pub full of old men who looked slightly out of place in Brighton, slightly out of place in the 21st century. I'm sure they would have all seemed more at ease in the gloomy uneasiness of the 1970s.... though it is hard to say why. When I left the pub to come home I got soaked in a heavy driving rain. 
I ate too much fried beef, mushrooms and smoked cheese for dinner last night, and feel like I have put on two stone overnight.
Oh well.