Sunday 16 December 2012

Forgotten Rooms

Dreamt I was living in some small but cosy ground floor flat. dark and shadowy, the walls seemed to be made of a black wood, which gave everything the appeal of old panelling. In an alcove sat my chair and a computer. Much to my surprise, I saw that there was further space to the left of the computer and chair. I had already put somethings in this new space when I had moved in, but had promptly forgotten about it. Perhaps I should move the chair and computer to allow for greater access to this new / old space? I investigated this space further, there was two or three smaller rooms, all connected to each other. The last room contained a bed (I had thought I could use this as a spare room if people stayed over) and there was a small bathroom. The tiny window looked out onto the sea. This room also contained a door that opened onto Hove Boulevard. I was pleased and excited that I had remembered these rooms - the possibilities were endless, but I was slightly perturbed that the door opened onto the seafront - there would be drunk people passing by at night. Because of this, the whole flat came to seem slightly unsafe, but I was still pleased that I had discovered / remembered these other spaces.