Sunday 31 March 2013

73 Minutes of a Painted Sky

73 minutes of a painted sky.
This is what I do with my life; make pictures.
I'm not too pleased with the sky so far, but I don't paint as much as draw. I pretty much know that by the time I'm finished I'll probably be more pleased with it. I don't know what I'll put underneath the sky yet. Some dark field leaning toward twilight, surrounded by dark trees - possibly evergreens. There might be the silhouettes of pylons beyond the trees. Maybe old factory machinery - or the shadows of. I think the field will be littered with leaves, despite being surrounded by possible pine trees. I don't know whether there'll be a figure in there or not. Perhaps a vague one, toward the trees. The possibilities occupy my mind.
This is what I do with my life. This is the real work, not answering phones in a call centre.
Could really have spent more than 73 minutes working on it though...
Oh well.