Sunday 14 April 2013

Intermittent Sun

Intermittent sun.
I watch it out of the window - sudden surges of hope combine with caution - I remember yesterday when a walk into town turned into a soggy mess. Shall I wait, shall I go? Shall I download another album for the inevitable walk?
Yesterday's melancholy was dissipated by artwork, as is often the case. I returned back to the drawing of London Road, Worcester I started back in the autumn of 2011. I worked until past midnight on it, and woke this morning at 9:30am and finished it. There is something quite relieving about finishing old projects that you never thought would be completed.
Beyond the clouds there are a few strands of blue skies, rumours more than anything else. I think of the beach, but it will be difficult to access thanks to the Brighton Marathon. As I made my third cup of tea of the morning I could hear the shouts and cheers down on New Church Road. I presumed they were shouts and cheers, over the noise of the boiling kettle, they could also be mistaken for a riot, or perhaps a lynch mob.