Sunday 21 April 2013

Nan

Nan was 92 years old when she died this morning, after being taken ill last week. It is very strange to think that she is now gone. Imagine being born in 1920! - It is an impossible age back. I remember talking to her about world war 2. I remember her, when I was a teenager, being less than impressed with my interest in heavy metal. The last time I saw Nan - just before Christmas - she said that, even now, she would see certain patches of countryside that she would call 'Stuart country'. She explained that when I was kid, on country walks, I would always run up ahead - often up some kind of embankment, and hide behind a tree or bush, and jump out on whoever I had been walking with. I have no memory of this, but it sounds like the kind of thing I would do.
I shall miss Nan.