Wednesday 10 April 2013

Nearing Distance

Lulled into daydream to by the cold spring weather and too many calls (again) at work. A miasma of vaguely hallucinogenic perception settles over me. Everything feels too bright and hyper-real. Rain outside, but a cold spring rain - it no longer feels like winter, even though it is by no means warm. The washing machine in the kitchen, a spin-cycle tide that brings currents of other places I've never seen but are as intimate as those dreams I can't remember from last night. A shadowed kitchen in a deep summer, a Mediterranean house full of secret rooms, a garden in Scotland, deep and shivery with a tangle of trees. Places known and not known.
Springtime drift.
The sky outside the window is a white / gray. All those old springtimes are here - not winter, not spring - I hear the cars pass by on the wet road, tyres and rain, and I swear I hear the sound of the distance not too far away.