Wednesday 7 August 2013

Hollowed Out

I had thought that having handed in my notice at work would make work slightly easier. The opposite has been the case, and each day at work is now more stressful, and seems far, far longer than before. Each time that 'beep' comes through on my headphone signalling another call coming... it's another pick axe through my skull. An exaggerated metaphor, but it is an almost physical feeling of something being inside your brain.
It doesn't help that I don't have any plans for what I am actually going to do either. I say to people that I'm going to 'concentrate on my artwork' but really, I'm leaving work because I couldn't stand it any more. I hope that leaving work will have a good knock on effect for my artwork (last night I was unable to do anything after work but lie exhausted on my mattress). I'm worried about the future it must be said. I like security and structure. There is a part of me that regrets handing in my notice, even if staying at work would mean (which it would at some point) some kind of 'breakdown'. Hopefully things will look brighter in a few weeks time.