Monday 12 August 2013

Night Before the Last Day at the Call Centre

Closing down the last three years.
My final day at work tomorrow, then a week in America, and then the unknown autumn begins. It seems impossible to think that after tomorrow I shall never see the inside of the call centre again. No more looking out the window at the sea, at the calls waiting on the wallboard, no more 5p coffees, or the coolness of the stairs... There will be people I shall see again only on Facebook.
Three years.
It doesn't seem possible that three years have gone by, or that it shall be finished tomorrow.
This time tomorrow night, my future will be looking very different, one way or another.
One more time the alarm will go off for work... and when the alarm foes off for work again, it will be a different place, a different time.
Change is the only thing that lets us know time is happening.
Whatever happens, at least I shall have this autumn.