Saturday 3 August 2013

Snapshots from Tower Country

In the tarot cards, the card called The Tower often indicates unpleasant but necessary change, sudden events and nasty shocks. As such 'Tower Country' may not be the most accurate description of where I am in this year, but will have to do.
Anyhow.
These are the landmarks and signs I have noticed since reaching deep in Tower Country...
1) Everything is hot and disquieted. This is summer of course, but this is an internal heat... I tried to sleep yesterday afternoon but was unable to. I could not relax.
2) Spent most of last night sleeping shallowly, the rest of the time I spent worrying about my physical health.
3) My room strikes me as being... wrong. The mess in my room seems an extension of the uncertainty of the future. My room is always messy, but this mess seems like an illness.
4) An absolute dread (and slight terror) that I still have another ten days before I finish work.
Oh well. 7:30am. An hour and a half until 'good morning, you're through to Stuart at...'