Tuesday 6 December 2011

Waiting for the Bath Water to Heat Up

It is quite amazing how cold it has got so quickly. Trying to sleep last night and nearly shivering under two duvets. Creeping cold that sinks into everything. The cold didn't seem to affect my dreams though - or maybe it did as I dreamt partly about summer. I had returned to a slightly altered Cornwall where there were adverts for a peculiar kind of summer holiday. A firm was offering 'capsule holidays', which were a kind of hostel, where you got a 'miniature hotel' in a tiny glass room.
Waiting for the water to heat up for the bath (I'm not in till 11:00am) and hoping that the gas doesn't run out. Drifting in hot water with a cup of tea before leaving for work at 10:00am is the one balm for another week of late shifts. I've only been back to work a day and my week off feels like a lifetime ago.