Monday 27 February 2012

7:34am

Strangely light morning - after a week of lates last week, I certainly notice the shift in sunrise time. I imagine I will not wake in the darkness till autumn now. Another country but I imagine the next six months will race by.
A dream last night I went to see And Also The Trees. Trying to find a good seat in the venue. Then the next morning and I am with my sister at Shepherd's Bush tube station, all brickwork and dripping tunnels. I am slightly panicky because I realise that I remember nothing about the gig the night before. I remember trying to find a sea then... absolute zero. In my pocket I do discover their new album, and though worried about my memory am relieved that I have proof I actually went.
Nothing quite as dismal as Monday mornings before work. The silence out beyond the drawn curtains is appropriate, time itself sober, and possibly still asleep, unlike myself. This hardly feels like being awake though. I feel I could sleep for days. I don't know why. I'm not even particularly tired.