Sunday 19 February 2012

Postcard of a Late Winter Virus

The postcard shows a landscape showing a twisted tree on a jagged moor. The white sky is bright and gloomy, and makes you think of cold lake water and cold rain. Headaches on Sunday afternoons and falling into twisted uncomfortable sleep in front of an open fire that does not warm you.
I thought I was feeling better, but this mild illness has come back again. A second wave, like I've eaten some non-fatal Devouring Angel. Thought I was getting better, but all the time... The headache is now constant, as well as a sense of continually being cold. The headache worsens when I cough, which is happening more frequently. There aren't any signs of it being a cold though, as such. I suppose this is some late winter virus.
Its made my room look melancholy.
Its very quiet here on Sunday morning in suburbia. No sound of anything anywhere, not even a seagull. Feels like we're in the middle of the night, but for the pushes of light that sneak in past the blackout curtains.
Time to put this postcard in the postbox anyway.