Saturday 26 January 2013

1:11am

The wind's up tonight.
Can hear it through the rain - splash-noise against the stones of the Mews, rattling up the cat-flap, makes it sound like there's someone trying to get into the house.
Spent most of the evening snoozing on the sofa, watching and half-dreaming through the entire second season of The Office. Odd thing happening as I was on the verge of sleep, a sudden certainty of someone being in the room with me. I could feel her (and it felt like a her) fingers brush against my forehead, could feel her breath in my ear, her calling my name... and then waking with a start and realizing I was alone in the flat - Andy's gone up to Middlesbrough for his sister's engagement party.
All just the effect of the rattling cat flap, the wind, the rain, and a half sleep snooze through the television droning into dreams. Still unnerved though.
Really did feel like there was someone in the room with me.
Got the television on now in the well-lit living room, but when I turn the television off, turn off the lights and lie there alone in the dark... Well, how will it feel then.
I suppose we'll find out.
I suppose I'll find out.
Really does feel like I'm not alone in here tonight.