Thursday 10 January 2013

Dream of Clarkson, May and a Middle-Aged Chinese Woman

Quickly, because I am about to leave for work (why does the hour between 7:00 and 8:00am go so quickly?):
Dreamt I was crossing a road with s minor TV celebrity, I can't remember who. In the middle of the road, leaning nonchalantly against a bollard was Jeremy Clatkson, presenter of laddish television programme Top Gear. He seemed quite happy. The minor television presenter who I was with thought that Clarkson was smiling at him. He was quite pleased by this and smiled and waved back. Clarkson did not return these waves from my friend. I saw that Clarkson was not standing in the middle of the road smiling at my friend but at someone on the pavement. This was James May, also a television presenter on laddish television programme Top Geart. May was taking photographs of Clarkson - perhaps as some new job - perhaps his television career had stalled or - more likely - this was a segment that was to feature in a future television programme. A hefty middle aged woman, Chinese (perhaps) and dressed in black, crossed the road with her camera.  When I next looked up, she was taking photographs of Clarkson, with the camera stuck in his face. Clarkson did not mind. I thought it was a photographic free-for-all, and all because there were celebrities involved.