Thursday 24 January 2013

Dream of my Grandparents House Burning

 I was with my parents at my grandparents house in Stone. The interior of the house was different to the one in waking life - larger, and with more exposed brickwork. I was sat in some kind of living room area - it was night, or at least there were no windows. Dull yellow light that was strangely harsh. There were a large number of people in the living room, including my parents. I was talking to my parents about all our old dogs, and became convinced there were some dogs I had forgotten. This proved to be correct - though there was trouble remembering the names, and it seemed that I knew the dog under a different name - 'Bongo'. My parents informed me that Bongo, though old, was still alive, but said he spent most of his time sleeping, and that he was never a dog that very much liked company.
Suddenly there was some commotion. Through an interior window that seemed to look out to some darkened hallway, there was flame - my grandparents house was on fire! Flames licked the window frame (which really resembled a large rectangular hole in the wall). There was little concern at first - certainly no haste - and even I was only slightly troubled by the hungry flames.
The flames grew and grew - this was an emergency now. We needed to leave. I found myself upstairs. There were crowds of people in the house. There was a great creaking sound from the ceiling. This caused much panic and consternation. 'It's the timbers' someone yelled 'we've got to get out now!'. Everyone rushed outside. Everyone began strolling down the front driveway to gather outside a local shop. This bears no resemblance to the real - life village of Stone, and in fact more resembled Bretforton where my parents lived from 1993 - 1997. As I walked down the driveway I noticed someone walking toward the house, a regular down the Evening Star (I don't know him in waking life - I have no idea why he was in the dream). He seemed to be visiting my grandparents house, but hadn't yet seen the fire. He's in for shock, I thought, and watched his face for signs of reaction, but there were none, when when I was sur ehe could see the blazing ruins.
There is a hotel at the bottom of the drive. There is a goth-y looking woman saying there is no room for everyone to stay - there are too many of affected by the fire. I start to wonder if anyone has been killed by the fire, including the forgotten dog Bongo. Though I am not certain, I think that Bongo is alright.