Saturday 14 July 2012

A Dream of London Road Again

I was back in Worcester, travelling down London Road hill. Usually in these London Road dreams, I am at the base of the hill going up. This dream was, for whatever reason, in reverse. It was both dark and sunset, and the angles of everything were a mixture of a night-deep red and velvety black. As I approached the base of the hill, I realised that I was at the point of the hill I most dreamed about. I wasn't aware in the dream that I was dreaming. The street light was strange and muted. I wanted to take a photograph of the street lamps going up the hill. I leant against a wall - or fence. There was some commotion behind me. London Road began to resemble a narrow alleyway. Two children came past me, heading up the hill. I was momentarily afraid in case these children - they were about ten or so - were in any way aggressive. They did not seem that concerned with me. I had a feeling that this was to do with my attempt at a laid back, slightly eccentric attitude.