Friday 6 July 2012

London Road Dream (ad infinitum...)

My aunt was driving me to where I lived on London Road in Worcester. I asked if she wanted a cup of tea but declined. The interior of my house was all windowless brickwork , and had the feel of cellars - even the rooms on the first or second floor. Em was waiting for me here in one of the rooms. Another house - a larger building. Lingering in the hallway, being aware of all those dark other rooms and hallways and stairways. This house was rumoured to be dangerously haunted. It was even inadvisable even to linger in the hallway (which resembled mostly the reception area of a hotel). There was a piano in this reception area. Was I allowed to play it? - I think I might have been - I might even have come to end up owning this house - or renting it - at least for a while. I looked again. It was not a piano but some kind of monstrous chaise-longue. There was some kind of problem opening or locking the main doors. I was in a hurry to get out. I had spent too long in the haunted areas of the building.