Friday 27 July 2012

Sake

Half a bottle of Sake, and the base of the glass I'm drinking it out of is smeared with ink from my fingers. Forgot the Olympics had begun and watched an old episode of Doctor Who from 1986, listened to Sonic Youth and got on with the drawing I begun three weeks ago. Don't think I've ever done a figurative piece this large before. About A1 size. However big that is.
Andy came back from work about an hour ago. Said that as he went to enter the Mews there was a man standing with his back to him. The man was wearing a white shirt, and stood in the dead centre of the empty Mews. Andy rattled his keys. The man shuffled on toward the arch at the end of the Mews - through which the dead street lamp waits for autumn. Andy opened the door, looked up and the man had gone, presumably into one of the flats, or more sinisterly, into the darkness through that arch at the end.
More sake.
I've got work tomorrow morning. Should go to bed. Can't be bothered. Hear Andy move about in the bathroom.
Have broken the 'i' key on my laptop keyboard. Surprising how many times you use 'i' when writing. Or not. I wonder what happened to it?
Ah well.
More sake.