Monday 28 October 2013

Last day of the Unemployment Period

The last day of the unemployment period, no matter what happens in the new job, is here.
Last night's storm was ultimately disappointing, and this morning it seems to be a beautiful sunny, but slightly damp and breezy autumn day. I slept well, though had many dreams that I can't now remember.
The sky really is quite blue out there.
It seems both like yesterday and a lifetime ago that I left the old call centre. I remember that day - it was grey and breezy, and after I had left I bought some fish'n'chips and ate them at the beach whilst listening to one of the two 'Deaf Centre' albums I had recently downloaded. The next day I caught the train to Worcester, had a walk round old haunting grounds, then got picked up by my parents. The next day I was flying to Portland, Oregon for my cousin James' wedding.
The first couple of weeks after I came back were doused deep in summer - I would still get up early in the morning - go for a long walk and end up having a coffee at the beach. I didn't know what was going to happen in the future but it was too early to worry about it.
This state of affairs lasted until the middle of September until a Saturday where I helped Sarah set up some of her stuff for a Japanese exhibition in the morning, and in the evening went round to Genevieve and Kate's house for dinner. Between the two events I set up the Witch Factory facebook page for my artwork and began a long period of savage depression which I have not fully emerged from yet.
(fragments) - up all night reading threads on urban exploration websites / drawing in coffee shops both elated and uncomfortable / afternoon teas and crosswords with Em, meeting her at Sainsburys on Portland Road / Uxbridge town centre, even in the sun draped in wintry mystery / waking with anxiety in my gut that wouldn't leave the whole day
I wonder how I shall think of the past two months in years to come?