Friday 11 October 2013

Upstairs in the Comic Shop

Dave's Comics is one of my favourite shops. I rarely go into the new comics section (a room upstairs) as I like old comics. Sometimes a new release comes out, or a reprint of old comics, or just out of interest, and I descend into this tiny room of superheroes and that glossy smell of modern comics...
Much as I love Dave;s Comics, the upstairs room is a nightmare of too many comics in a too small space. Things seem to be fine-tuned regularly, and comics seem to move about every now and again. I know where the DC and Marvel comics are, but the indie comics seem to shift their positioning in the indie comics section... This has meant that I missed out on the last issue of Haunted Horror and couldn't find yesterday's issue of Afterlife with Archie. Of course, I could just ask someone who works there, who are always unfailingly helpful, but that would just be too easy wouldn't it?