Saturday 3 November 2012

Der Prison

Window open, sat on my sofa under the main lights of my room - can't be bothered to turn on the new lamp I bought last week. Death in June's Brown Book album playing, and through the open window, there is the sound of fireworks added. War-zone effects, a blitz ambiance. I imagine rebel strongholds and executions, bouncing bombs and sniper alleys. Sound of the war getting closer, Joe's fictitious book he came up with sat on the freezer in London Road Worcester, January 1999 - Der Prison, the tale of a man in a European city going slowly mad while in the background there is some kind of revolution or civil war... Waiting to go down the pub, that odd hour before having to leave, the bottle of port I drank last night lending the day a clear and icy haze,  everything sharp and softened and unreal...