Thursday 15 November 2012

Spilt Cup of Tea

I was about to write this post, and reached forward for my cup of tea on the other table. I wasn't paying attention and knocked it over. Tea over comics and books, and I am forced to get up from my seat in search of a tea towel to clear up the mess. I carefully take my two issues of Dell's Ghost Stories comic from their protective sleeves over which the tea spilt, and place them on the pile of comics under the TV I never switch on. I mop the front and back covers of Haunted Horror issue one carefully, glad the covers are made of card. I remove a reprint collection of 2000ad's Finn, as well as two recent copies of 2000ad from under the table that is now dripping with tea and sponge these too. I look sadly at my latest copy of Comic Heroes. This seems very wet indeed. On the other table - not the one my laptop is on (both tables are very small and of a 'bedside' variety) there is a pot of indian ink, some eye drops, a now empty mug and a hairbrush. On the shelf beneath is a digital camera, and on the lowest shelf there is an unopened tube of white acrylic paint and a pair of pliers. When I reached for my cup of tea originally, just as I was start this post, I was going to write about a fragment of a dream last night involving the ghost of a Chinese girl (and in the dream I knew she was Chinese as opposed to generically oriental) with completely black eyes, trying to get in through the open window behind my bed, but now I won't, except mention it in passing.