Monday 19 November 2012

Songs for Lost Days

Lost something. Been lost for months, and I knew, but hadn't felt it till now. There had been a ghost with me, and now that ghost is gone, and in lieu of a haunting there is an absence, a landscape of nothing, an untilled field under a leaden sky.
Slept well. Vague dreams I can't remember. Ten minutes before the alarm went off, a series of images that threatened to turn into a dream. I was with Em at Drumduan park in Scotland. I said I would like to see the lights turn on in the lane below the Black Woods. She said she would prefer to stay where we were.
A few minutes before I leave for work.
Watch the light slip beneath the curtains, the hushed movement of people next door (a door closing, a drawer opening) and there is the occasional sound of seagulls. A cold and lonely sound in which there is some kind of strange undefined solace, a song for these lost days.