Wednesday 21 November 2012

I am the Teleporting Man

Speaking to J. at work. She says that she saw me walking to work this morning, along Western Road. She was in front of me, crossed over at just past the floral clock flower display on that odd rectangle of green by Tescos. She said she turned around I had disappeared. Thinking no more of it she walked on, only to find that, toward the end of Western Road, I was in front of her. She did not see me pass her, and I did not see her. This is nothing unusual on my part as I am mostly in a world of my own and don't see anyone (apart from a lady walking her dog, who is a kind of clock herself. Depending where I pass her on Western Road, I know whether I am late or early) but J. is quite certain that she would have seen had I passed her. I no doubt slipped by in some odd moment where her attention was elsewhere, but I much prefer to think that I have developed a hitherto unknown power of teleportation.